Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January..



I can't believe this month is already coming to an end! '08 is already starting off so quickly. Not to many things have changed; We still can't seem to get our acts together and work out, still working in the same jobs and still waiting to start our family.

The 15th we went back to the dr. to start round 2 of the treatments. I took the clomid again for 5 days and felt the side effects right away. (boy do i love the heat flashes, night sweats and moodiness.) This past weekend i tested everyday and anxiously awaited a positive surge so we could schedule our IUI. Finally got the surge on Sunday and scheduled the IUI for Monday morning. The bad part is, we have to have chris' 'sample' to the lab by 8:00am, but the sample can't be more then 60 minutes old. We live far enough away that it can take an hour to get there with traffic; so we had to do some creative planning. We didn't want to mess this up, so we had the morning planned out to a 'T'. That night felt like Christmas eve, knowing that tomorrow could be the day we finally get pregnant.

That morning went off without a hitch. I even made it to the lab in record time and was 30 mins early. I came back a few hours later and the dr. did the IUI. The whole process only took 15 mins. and was surprisingly painless. The after effects are what get you. The "less then 5% of women have moderate to severe cramping" apparently applies to me. So I spent the afternoon at home on the couch watching tv. Good news is this time everything looked good, the dr. said we timed it just right and now all we have to do is wait 2 weeks. Sounds pretty easy, but when you're as impatient as I am, 2 weeks is a LONG time. I'll keep everyone posted as I know if it worked.

1 comment:

Maggie and The Boys said...

I am so excited for you Becky!! I understand when you say two weeks last an enternity. I will have you guys in my prayers. I am as axiously waiting to be an aunt again. This family better start growing soon.
love
Brad, Maggie, and Chancho