Monday, February 18, 2008

What do you do when it rains?

Well this weekend we decided to take advantage of the cold and rainy weather and paint our formal dinning room. The colors were an inspiration from a sham I found at Lowe's. What was supposed to be an easy paint job, turned out to be a 3 day project. We pulled off the chair rails, base boards and the quarter rounds and then sanded and painted them. Each one required 3 coats of paint! The walls also took 2-3 coats of paint and they took forever to dry. For the most part, we are finally done and are just doing the finishing touches. My hope is to get the room and the house back in order tomorrow. Chris has been sick with the flu, so there are several things I can't do on my own. I'm hoping he starts feeling better soon!!




2 comments:

Maggie and The Boys said...

That looks great Becky. I love it.

Katie said...

The room looks awesome! I love the colors and I love the bookshelf in the wall!!