Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grandma Summers

Unfortunately, during the beginning of April my Grandmother's health took a turn for worse. On April 18th, 2009 she re-joined her husband and countless other friends and family members. My Grandma will truly be missed by so many people. She was a wonderful person and someone who was always serving others. She was so knowledgeable about the church and was always studying to learn more. She was even sealed by David O. McKay when she got married! She was also a wonderful cake decorator and was able to come here and make 3 of my siblings wedding cakes. I was very blessed to grow-up 5 miles from them and I really got to know and love my grandparents. I'm so glad she was able to spend time here in Texas last year! I love my Grandma and I'm sad she's not here with us anymore. But I'm so glad she's able to see my Grandpa and many of her family members again. She leaves behind 8 kids, 40 grand children and over 50 great grandchildren. What a legacy! And I can only hope to follow in her footsteps.

This is one of my favorite pictures; this is how we drove back from Utah last summer:


Taken at Temple Square last year:

No comments: