Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 34

Today was just as bad as yesterday, no sleep last night thanks to the nurse coming in every hour to either check my vitals or give more meds, Erythromycin is the devil, still leaking amniotic fluid, severe stomach pains continue, feel like a drug addict with all the meds I'm taking (8 different meds everyday and many are multiple times a day), and all this just to prevent a infection that I don't even have. Did I mention how much I love this leaking fluid thing.

Chris has been a lifesaver, taking care of me and waiting on me hand and foot for the last 24 hours. He's amazing and I couldn't ask for a better husband!!! I think I hit my lowest point this morning and just about checked myself out of this place. Thanks to Chris' pep talks and incredible amount of support, I'm still here and still pregnant.

We finished the last doses of IV antibiotics this afternoon and now I have 5 days of oral meds. At least I'm not hooked up to any IV lines anymore, just the port is in. Not having the IV meds has made me feel a little better and the side effects aren't nearly as severe. I can't wait to hopefully get some sleep tonight and hopefully have a better tomorrow. These boys better appreciate what I'm going through for them!

1 comment:

Judith said...

YOU ROCK!!!! that is all I have to say...I am not sure I would be able to do that!