Friday, May 23, 2008

Surgery Recap

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I'm doing much better. The whole experience was much better then last time and the drs. and nursing staff were really great at the surgery center. I've had a few times when it's been really painful, but Chris has been doing a great job taking care of me. They found a lot of endometriosis and were able to remove most of it with the laser. They also found a cyst on one of my ovaries and removed that. Dr. Hansard is very optimistic about being able to remove all that and says that our best chances for getting pregnant will come in the next 9 months. The other good news is that Dr. Hansard wants to do IUI with clomid again and not do injectables. She was very happy with the way we responded to the treatment previously and she thinks that the results from surgery combined with doing the IUI again, that we'll get pregnant pretty quickly. For now, I'm just working on getting better and letting the incisions heal. Thanks for everyone who's stopped by or called. I love you guys; especially my Mom.


Just before they wheeled me away:

4 comments:

Maggie and The Boys said...

We love you Becks!!

Robyn Cheney said...

Your wouldn't know it from my lack of contact with you, but I think about you a lot.
I guess the only thing I can do is say I love you, miss you and you are in my prayers.
(That and try to actually keep in touch with you:) )
-Robyn

Katie said...

I'm really glad it went so well. We love you! I'm glad you got to come and go swimming w/ us. Bryce keeps asking when you're coming over to go again. Thank you for being such a wonderful Aunt!!

Haynes Family said...

I'm so glad your surgery went well. You have an amazing family! When your feeling better, lets get together with Judith and go to dinner or something, its been forever!