Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fun Friday planned for tomorrow

Well, tomorrow's the big day and I have to say that I'm getting a little nervous. I'm not sure what I'm more nervous about; the fact that they'll be sending tubes through the artery in my groin or the fact that they keep you awake through the whole thing. Or the fact I HATE needles more then anything!!!!

This is an exert from the patient pamphlet they gave me:
"The normal points of entry are either the groin area or the forearm. The immediate skin area is numbed with a local anesthetic, administered through a needle. You will feel an initial pin prick as the needle is inserted, and then a burning sensation as the anesthetic is injected. You also may feel pressure when the catheter itself is inserted, and/or exchanged with other catheters during the procedure." I guess they don't like to give you any fluff. Doesn't this sound like fun?!!

3 comments:

Robyn Cheney said...

We will be praying for you!
Love ya!

becca said...

I'm thinking about you today, hoping all goes well. I hate needles too. You have every right to be nervous!

Haynes Family said...

Oh Becky, that sounds horrible to say the least. Good luck, your definetly in my prayers today!