Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm a lemon

It's official, Chris married a lemon.
The doctor gave me the official diagnosis as pulmonary stenosis. Basically a congenital defect that causes a narrowing of the pulmonary value and restricts blood flow through the heart. This is surprisingly common in kids and most outgrow it by their teenage years. Well, this is where I (the lemon) come in. Mine hasn't gone away, in fact it's actually gotten worse. Now the doctor wants to do a heart catheterization to determine exactly how narrow the valve is. Let me just say that I'm less then thrilled about having another surgery. I guess it's good that we're doing it next week and not putting if off; otherwise I probably wouldn't do it. And now all that money we were saving by not doing fertility treatments these next few months just got reallocated to this.
Poor Chris! Not only am I practically infertile and unable to him kids but now I've also got a defective heart and will probably die at a young age of a heart attack. Like I said, I'm a lemon. I think I should let Chris off the hook and let him find someone that didn't fall from the lemon tree.

2 comments:

Robyn Cheney said...

I am POSITIVE that God doesn't make lemons. Only a lot people with a vast variety of skills, talents, interests, bodies, and yes even life spans.
The plan is different for us all and figuring out what He has planned for us, I think anyway, is the only the first step. (then it just gets harder from there right?!?!:) )I am sure that Chris counts himself as a lucky man, just as I wonder how I got to be so blest as to get wonderful cousins such as yourself.
I can not tell you how much I admire your smile. you have reason to be negativesometimes and yet, you choose to smile and share your spirit with your family and friends around you. Thank you for showing me the importance of a smile and the sharing of it. Love ya

Katie said...

I don't think anyone could have worded it better than Robyn! That was well said and I say AMEN to what Robyn said. Heavenly Father does have a plan for all of us, sometimes the plans happen on his time frame. AND you're far from being a lemon! I LOVE YOU so much. I'm so grateful to have you as sister. Your strength is something I really admire about you Becky.