Sunday, September 28, 2008

Success!

Well the surgery was a success and the results are good; no need for further surgery. The pulmonary valve does have some blockage, but not enough to be to concerned about. We'll go back to doing a yearly follow up and hopefully nothing more. I've had enough pointing, prodding, electrodes and monitors to last a life time!

The heart cathaterization is another story. That is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. It was a little weird being in the cath lab section of the hospital. I guess i always pictured that to be a place were old people go. I even had 2 nurses tell me that I was the youngest patient they'd ever had. I had great nurses, they just had a heck of a time getting my IV going. After several attempts of trying to get the IV into the vein (this included moving the needle in and out of the vein several times and moving it side to side to get the fluids going) I ended up turning white as a ghost and pucking all over. My hand is still sore from that! Being wheeled into the cath lab was very intimidating and a little overwhelming. Not to mention that fact that it was freezing cold!! They had already given me a Valium and benedryl right before they started to help me relax and they gave me something else through the IV that was supposed to be even stronger. Well let me just say it was to little to late because my worst fears came true. Not only did that numbing shot hurt more then anything, but the burning afterwards was horrible. They gave me another dose through the IV but not before they game me 2 more shots. That was just horrible!!! With that many meds in my system I really don't remember much after that. I'm just glad the whole thing is over and i don't have to do this again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry it was such a horrible experience. I'm glad they didn't find anything to be worried about though. I'd say you've had enough poking and proding to last a life time.

Post pictures of your new deck.