Sunday, August 15, 2010

25 weeks

Well we made it to 25 weeks!! Each Friday is a huge milestone for us and Chris and I celebrate it by either opening a small gift or enjoying a piece of cake. Today we ate a piece of chocolate cake and it was delicious! Last week was 24 weeks and that was also huge so he got me a 2 willow tree figurines. I love them and we've waited a long time to be able to add those to my collection. Chris as also finally able to tour the NICU and we had the NICU charge nurse come talk to us. She was wonderful and really let us know what to expect and what life is like there. Chris got to see a baby that is 25 weeks and just how tiny and precious they are. It makes us even more grateful that our boys are still cookin'.

Last night was kinda rough. My right hip has been hurting a lot for the last few days and I can't seem to get it to pop back where is needs to be. My body is really starting the feel the effects of being in bed for 2 weeks and everything aches and hurts. I battle restless leg a lot at night and the beds really aren't that comfortable. Plus you're in a hospital and the nurses come check on you every 2 hours and it's loud and nosey. It's hard not sleeping in your own room, in your own bed. The nurses make their shift changes at 7:00am, so they usually come in and wake you up to take your vitals by 7:30am. When it's time for the lab to draw your blood, they're usually in here at 6:00am. What a great way to wake up.....with a needle in your arm! Luckily the staff is usually really great and very understanding of your situation. Having a good nurse makes a big difference for how the day/night goes. Hopefully I can take a nap today and get caught up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

My belly is getting huge!!

My kid craft project....count down chain to 36 weeks

1 comment:

Lizzy Simon said...

You look really cute preggars!! I can't believe how big you are getting, but you still look good. :)