Monday, August 23, 2010

More contractions

I haven't really felt great since my birthday last week but these last 2 days have just been awful. I started feeling really sick to my stomach yesterday afternoon and things just got worse from there. All that activity really upset the balance of things and started contractions again. I was really hesitant to say anything because I really had no desire to go back to L&D and repeat our last experience. After many tears were shed Chris finally convinced me to call them to come monitor me. I'm so glad I have such a great husband who can calm my fears and be the best support system! They did pick up quite a few contractions but luckily they felt most of it was caused my all the stomach issues. They decided to let me try and sleep it off and if they didn't work, then they would move me back over to L&D. A few pills and 1 Ambien later I was sleeping like a baby. I did get a great nights sleep and I was hoping to wake up feeling great and pain free, but that wasn't the case.

Today I woke up feeling crappy and things only got worse. Around lunch time the pain was getting really bad and coming every 3 minutes. They called L&D again and had them come monitor what was going on. I was really scared since this was by far the most pain I've been in and closest the contractions had been. Turns out they were only able to pick up a few contractions and most of the pain I was feeling was not related. Thou it did leave the dr. a little baffled about what was causing all this pain and cramping. She did say that if it continued or got worse, she wants me back over in L&D were they can monitor me and give me pain meds via IV. Not to thrilled about her response but a least it wasn't contractions. She also did a quick check and I'm currently at 4cm. (Even with all this activity going I really haven't changed much, so that was a sigh of relief.) Luckily my Mom was able to come up and be with me this afternoon. She was a huge help in helping to distract me from what was going on and is always good company.

I do feel better this evening and after talking to my night nurse I think we figured out what these pains might be. I think all this bed rest is recking havoc on my insides and is probably causing a lot of gas pain. She gave me some meds to help absorb those and they seem to be helping. I really wish I could get up and walk around and ease all these discomforts that bed rest causes. I really hope that tomorrow is better then the last few days; I'm really tired of not feeling good. On a good note, the babies are totally uneffected by any of this and seem to be growing strong.

26 Weeks:

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Gas, gas, go away. Come again some other day. Let those boys stay and play, and quit causing Becky dismay!

Ok, I'm no lyricist. I won't quit my day job, don't worry! :) Just wanted to make you smile. I'm glad Chris is such a good hubby and taking great care of you. I know if you hear 'hang in there' one more time, you're probably going to vomit...but we know you can do it! Now, if they would just hook you up to a constant drip of Ambien, that would help. Haha! I saw you are getting closer to your 3rd trim date! That'll be a great milestone, too!!! We miss you chick, and are pulling for you and your little family to make it through...

Randi said...

Gas aside you look super cute pregnant.

The best advice I can give, as CRAZY as it is going to sound, is to try and enjoy every moment of being pregnant. It is the most miraculous experiance and it doesn't come along alot. ( I mean we are no Duggers, I'm just saying) :) And in your case, every moment is not only special it is a sweet miracle of sorts.

I love reading your blog and being updated on how you and the boys are doing.

I hope to be able to come and visit you soon.

Keep those boys in that oven. :)

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.